smoke testing Beta 1

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:29:47 PDT 2015

On 3 September 2015 at 21:22, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 09:18:55PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> hey, Robert.
>>
>> On 3 September 2015 at 19:31, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>> >
>> > 4) Printing: Empty pages. When running it from the command line and trying
>> > to print I get
>> >
>> > th-nb-tmpmbp01:build helling$
>> > /Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
>> > Map theme file does not exist: ""
>> > Ignoring to load the following file since it doesn't look like a valid
>> > Marble plugin: "/traces.log"
>> > Reason: "Permission denied"
>> > Set the current dive site: 4275619970
>> > Set the current dive site: 0
>>
>> ^ these seem like Marble issues.
>
> They are. Bloody Marble tries to open random files in the '/' directory.
> When I rebased and re-did the fixes I lost the one that stopped it from
> doing that. On my todo list.
>
>> > "Plugin library 'grantlee_defaulttags' not found."
>> > Can't load template
>> >

>> the plugins are not in the correct search path.
>>
>> Grantlee uses:
>> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qcoreapplication.html#libraryPaths
>> QCoreApplication::instance()->libraryPaths()
>>
>> and then appends:
>> /grantlee/5.0
>>
>> on Windows that includes where the EXE is.
>> and if i place the grantlee_*.dll "<where_the_exe_is>/grantlee/5.0" in
>> there it just works.
>>
>> one thing you can do is add the following line in templatelayout.cpp:
>> TemplateLayout::generate():
>> qDebug() << "PATHS:" << m_engine->pluginPaths();
>>
>> and see if the shared libraries are in one of the listed paths.
>>
>> i'm not familiar with the OSX package but we may have to add a
>> relative path to the executable explicitly:
>> m_engine->addPluginPath(QCoreApplication::instance()->applicationDirPath());
>>
>> others have reported that they can run Grantlee on OSX, so perhaps
>> this is a one case scenario.
>
> The crazy thing is that on my laptop I run both Subsurface.app from the
> DMG and a locally built one. They both open the plugin successfully (each
> in its own Contents/PlugIns/grantlee/5.0 directory - as they should). But
> the one from the DMG then goes on trying to find the plugin in other
> folders and finally gives up. I can't figure out why it isn't happy with
> the .so it apparently successfully opens...

it could be something failing in Grantlee's engine.cpp
(grantlee_src_path/templates/lib/engine.cpp) on OSX only:
EnginePrivate::loadCppLibrary()

there is a while loop in there and it would be best to add some
qDebug() calls and see why it continues the search even if a plugin is
found.
i'm pretty sure that was the function that does the loading.

lubomir