smoke testing Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 3 22:45:04 PDT 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 9:47 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 3, 2015, at 5:47 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 3, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de <mailto:helling at atdotde.de>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dirk,

>>> in the security settings there are three options: only accept stuff from the app store, or app store or identified developers or anything. I chose the second and still get the error.
>>
>> I don't know what to say to that. I have heard others report the same result but it looks to me like the signatures are OK.\
>
> Turns out I need to build on an old OS X in order to have things run correctly on older OS X versions (I'm building on 10.7 so people can run on 10.7 or newer), but I then need to sign the resulting dmg on 10.9.5 or newer in order for newer OS X version to recognize the signature. Thanks, Apple, that's a really convenient workflow.

And even that does not appear to work. I get pretty far but it then fails to sign that Subsurface.app:

./Subsurface.app: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
In subcomponent: /Volumes/hohndel/src/subsurface-build/staging/Subsurface.app/Contents/PlugIns/grantlee/5.0

Somehow it's trying to verify the signature of the directory of .so files... now each of those .so files has a valid signature, but the directory somehow doesn't and that's where things break down. I did quite a bit of trial and error and googling and can't seem to find a clear solution.