smoke testing Beta 1

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Thu Sep 3 23:24:04 PDT 2015

On Thursday 03 September 2015 21:47:05 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Turns out I need to build on an old OS X in order to have things run
> correctly on older OS X versions (I'm building on 10.7 so people can run on
> 10.7 or newer), but I then need to sign the resulting dmg on 10.9.5 or
> newer in order for newer OS X version to recognize the signature. Thanks,
> Apple, that's a really convenient workflow.

You should be able to install an older XCode (4.x, probably) on your modern
OS X. I installed 5.0 on my office machine to determine whether its compiler was
broken (it is).

The trick will be to teach Qt and cmake to use that toolchain... Maybe if you
somehow move/symlink/whatever
/Applications/XCode.app/Resources/Developer/XCodeToolchain.Default (or a
similar name, see the full path to clang in Makefiles that qmake generates).

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358