Beta 1 released

Guillaume Gardet guillaume.gardet at free.fr
Fri Sep 4 02:05:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

Le 03/09/2015 23:10, Dirk Hohndel a écrit :
> Let the testing begin.

I tried beta 1 just now. Here are a few comments/problems:
* Translation : UI not fully translated whereas French is 100% translated on transifex. I guess you need to run "lupdate" tool and upload to transifex new TS files.
* Export window => HTML Tab : checkbox number 2 : text (Yearly stats text translated in french) is misaligned (see attachment). English version is not affected!
* Cloud : first sync took several minutes and seems to be blocked (circular item turned a bit and stopped as it was frozen) but wireshark showed network activity with lots of normal SSL and TCP packets but also lots of "TCP Dup ACK" and "TCP Retransmission". Is there a problem with the cloud server? My XML file is only 319K, upload was about at 100K and it took several minutes! (Just think that I might have a few photos, does it sync photos too?)
* Print : Dive list print window has "Custom" template by default which is empty and thus display pages with only "This template is empty". We should choose a real default template.
* File browser : folder with special characters (e.g. é) are displayed with "??" in place of "é" and cannot be accessed (clic on it does not bring into it).
* Facebook: once connected I should have a button to disconnect but I do not.
* "seg fault" : I got a "seg fault" while doing nothing with Subsurface! Subsurface was just opened and I was writing this e-mail. Here is the end of the log:
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationRemoved(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationRemoved(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationRemoved(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationRemoved(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationChanged(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationChanged(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationChanged(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationChanged(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::onlineStateChanged(bool) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::onlineStateChanged(bool)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationRemoved(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationRemoved(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationUpdateComplete() to QNetworkConfigurationManager::updateCompleted()
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationAdded(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::onlineStateChanged(bool) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::onlineStateChanged(bool)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationChanged(QNetworkConfiguration) to QNetworkConfigurationManager::configurationChanged(QNetworkConfiguration)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::configurationUpdateComplete() to QNetworkConfigurationManager::updateCompleted()
Erreur de segmentation
Probably a problem with cloud sync in background? I could not reproduce it. :(

A few ideas:
* Does the cloud storage would work with any GIT repo? If so, could be nice to be able to define the GIT repo address to use our own repo.
* We should have a script in GIT repo to update translation files with current sources. But the next step should be transifex and I guess it requires some login/password.

Otherwise looks good. :)

Guillaume