Grantlee on Mac

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:18:58 PDT 2015

On 4 September 2015 at 23:28, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> So I think I have figured it out. XCode 4.x miscompiles Grantlee.

are only the plugins somehow bogus?
i wonder if all Qt plugin compiled with that XCode 4.x don't work
(e.g. via QPluginLoader).
if that's the case it could be a metacompiler issue or something which
makes no sense.

perhaps we should try cooking up a closed test case and isolating the issue.

> If I replace  the shared library and plugins that were built with XCode
> 4.6 with the corresponding files built with XCode 6.x then printing
> appears to work. Of course those files then don't work on older Macs -
> beacuse that would be too easy, right?
>
> So now I need to figure out a combination of compiler, SDK and build
> system OS that allows me to build working binaries that run on everything
> from 10.7 onwards. Oh, and then I need to figure out how to sign all this.

google says that the tool xcode-select can be used, but there has to
be another way to solve that.

> This is approaching the "not fun" stage of development.

at first, i though the Grantlee is going to be problematic on Windows;
it turns out it's OSX - the platform i once tried hax0ring a VM for,
but it crashed every 5 minutes (because they do not allow VirtualBox
extensions) and downloading free software from the app-store required
my non-existent credit card.

i wrote a couple of times to the Grantlee ML, with no response back;
so from my perspective the library is unmaintained, but if you want me
i can try writing to them again.
Tomaz did say there is a guy who maintains it, though...

lubomir