Problems building Subsurface on Ubuntu and Fedora

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Sep 6 04:26:31 PDT 2015

On 05/09/2015 18:35, Miika Turkia wrote:

> cd subsurface/build
> ccmake .
>
> Make sure the Grantlee5_DIR variable points to correct locaiton. I
> suppose LIBGRANTLEE_FROM_PKGCONFIG should also be OFF (or at least it
> is on my build).
>
> miika

Miika, Dirk, Tomaz,

I appreciate your time with me. Thanks. The problem was, as suggested
above, that the Grantlee5_DIR variable was not set. Building ok now.

May I ask a very stupid question?
The variables like Grantlee5_DIR: are they Linux environmental variables
or cmake variables? I ask this because I had to hardcode the location of
the Grantlee configuration file into the CMakecache.txt file. I could
not get it from Linux so that cmake could see the environmental
variable. I used /etc/environment to set the variable but it looked like
CMakeCache.txt did not see this setting.

Kind regards,
willem