Bluetooth download - segfault when Choose Bluetooth download mode isn't selected

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 10:10:02 PDT 2015

> Interesting.
> Claudiu, is this something you can look into?

Yes, sure. I will start looking over it tonight when I will get home.

> It seems to me we either shouldn't keep those settings or we need to make
> sure that if we have these settings things are correctly set up...

> > If I select 'Choose Bluetooth download mode', run a Bluetooth scan, and
> > select my dive computer, everything works as it should.
>
> So the easiest solution would be to just not remember these - but can we
> redo the steps automatically to make this even easier for the user?

Another solution could be to save user's option about using our Bluetooth
implementation (to cache the value of the flag/checkbox). I suspect that
the reason why the application crashed is  because the bluetoothMode flag
was false and when the device was oppened it didn't use our custom
dc_device_custom_open method.

It is not necessary to use the Bluetooth selection dialogue before
downloading if the BTH address wad cached.

As I said, I will do some investigation when I will get back home.

Cheers,
Claudiu