Bluetooth download - segfault when Choose Bluetooth download mode isn't selected

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 14:57:58 PDT 2015

Hi there,

Unfortunately I could not reproduce the problem because I don't have a
Petrel device but using the call stack from Rick Walsh I figure out why he
receives a SEGV.
Apparently the return check of  *dc_serial_native_open* method from
*shearwater_common_open* was not correct (my mistake :-) ).
The first patch attached should fix the issue. It should be applied on
Subsurface-branch from libdivecomputer branch.

Also I created two patches which should improve the Subsurface UX. The
scope is to save the user's choice about Bluetooth download mode option
from the last dive computer download session.
In this way, the user doesn't need to open the Bth selection dialog to
choose a dive computer device if it is the same as the one from his last
session.

Claudiu