Bluetooth download - segfault when Choose Bluetooth download mode isn't selected

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:09:35 PDT 2015

On 7 Sep 2015 7:57 am, "Claudiu Olteanu" <olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Unfortunately I could not reproduce the problem because I don't have a
Petrel device but using the call stack from Rick Walsh I figure out why he
receives a SEGV.
> Apparently the return check of  dc_serial_native_open method
from shearwater_common_open was not correct (my mistake :-) ).
> The first patch attached should fix the issue. It should be applied on
Subsurface-branch from libdivecomputer branch.

Thanks for the quick response Claudiu. I'll test this tonight my time.
Just out of curiosity, could you reproduce/test it by selecting Shearwater,
Petrel, and any MAC address?  I think the crash happened before it
connected with my dive computer.

Btw, the native Bluetooth is great and I'm impressed by how way it works.
I'm deliberately trying to find ways to make it do the wrong thing.

> Also I created two patches which should improve the Subsurface UX. The
scope is to save the user's choice about Bluetooth download mode option
from the last dive computer download session.
> In this way, the user doesn't need to open the Bth selection dialog to
choose a dive computer device if it is the same as the one from his last
session.

Sounds great.

Rick