Marble issues

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 7 06:48:40 PDT 2015

> On Sep 7, 2015, at 5:59 AM, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> My marble plugin stays black any idea what might be the issue ?
> I am on the master from this morning and ran the build.sh script to make sure
> I build according to the latest and greatest but the window stays black.
>
> when building with QT Creator I realised this ...
> Map theme file does not exist: ""
> Ignoring to load the following file since it doesn't look like a valid Marble plugin: "/hs_err_pid37434.log"
> Reason: "'/hs_err_pid37434.log' is not a valid Mach-O binary (invalid magic 230a2320)"

This is a bug that I still need to address. If only I had more time.

> Map theme file does not exist: ""
> Falling back to default theme: "earth/srtm/srtm.dgml"

This shows me that you are not running Subsurface in one of the handful of supported ways :-)

How do you start Subsurface?

What should work is this:

cd ~/src/subsurface/build
./Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface

> Map theme file does not exist: ""
> Couldn't find a valid DGML map.

It can't find a map, it kind show you anything.