Issue with duplicate dive sites

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 7 06:52:50 PDT 2015

> On Sep 7, 2015, at 6:02 AM, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> While working on the Uemis import, I loaded the same dives over and over which, I believe,
> creates an issue with the dive site uuid.
>
> Can someone tell me where those are stored, so I can delete ?
> I also tried to create a new logbook but the duplicate site PROBLEM message in the QT Creator
> Application Output window persists.
>
> PROBLEM: duplicate uuid 41631ede
> PROBLEM: duplicate uuid af91287a
> PROBLEM: duplicate uuid 69a4c6d2
> PROBLEM: duplicate uuid 2212f5c8
> PROBLEM: duplicate uuid a0e40dff

This means that your algorithm creating dive sites in the Uemis downloader doesn't check
if a dive site already exists before creating it.
Do your dive sites have GPS data? Or just a name?
You should try to first get the dive site (get_dive_site_uuid_by_gps() or
get_dive_site_uuid_by_name() or get_dive_site_uuis_by_gps_and_name()
and see if what you get back is useful before creating a new one.

I'll look into ways to make this smarter on the backend as well.