Beta Testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Sep 7 07:15:51 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 06:41:07AM +0300, Benjamin wrote:
> >> You could really do with a progress bar for the cloud data as the
> download is very slow and subsurface seems to be hanging but isn't.
> >

> > There should be a big spinner overlaying the window as you load from or
> save to the cloud. Are you not seeing that? I have seen that spinner get
> stuck (and, frankly, haven't figured out why that happens or how to fix
> that). Is that what you are seeing, or are you not seeing the spinner at
> all?
> >

> Dirk, with regards to the spinner - I saw it while running the latest git
> version on Saturday,  but not in the windows beta 1 version on Windows 10.

That's strange. I tested this on Win 7 and it worked. But I don't have
Win 10 (and am not really interested in getting it, either, but that's
just foolishness). Can people with access to Windows machines please try
different Windows version with the beta, please, to figure out if there is
a pattern? Or if this is completely broken for some reason?

Thanks