Beta Testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 8 07:41:28 PDT 2015

> On Sep 8, 2015, at 12:25 AM, John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> So how do you share the git cache? Your explanation makes only partial
>> sense to me. Can you elaborate a bit more?
> Just for information, I use the term git cache as that's the error that I keep seeing, I suppose I should say cloud. .....

yeah, we need to go over these error messages one more time to make sure they make sense to users... too many implementation internals are exposed right now

> I have two pcs, one w7 and one w10. I also have an android device with the daily build loaded.
>
> The w10 installation is my main log and workers exactly how I expect with regards cloud read and write access.

Good :-)

> My android device sees the cloud data and updates as I change things on the w10 device, but I cannot write back to the cloud from the app successfully even though it says it has.

Yes, that seems broken right now. I admit that I haven't spent much time on the Android app in this beta cycle (you will have noticed that it wasn't itself announced as part of the beta test) as I am still struggling with a few much more fundamental issues in the Mac build and now in Windows.

> My w7 installation has subsurface loaded but when I try to set up network access, although it says email verified in the preferences window, when I try to access the cloud I get a user doesn't exist error.

That one I want to understand more about. Do you have some screen shots that show what's happening. Feel free to blank out your password (as we show that in preferences).