Issue with duplicate dive sites

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 8 09:55:37 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 09:19:26AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> As for removing the dive sites from the XML file, doing so doesn't crash
> Subsurface but it doesn't remove the references to non-existing divesites,
> either. I'll look into this a little more this morning, I think that
> behavior isn't correct. If a dive site doesn't exist, we shouldn't store a
> reference to it.

OK, I just pushed a commit that will make this much easier.
Pull the latest master and rebuild.
Then open your XML file in your favorite editor :-)
Remove the divesites section at the top of the file.
Save again.

Now open this file in Subsurface. And save it again. I think you may have
to make a dummy change for it to actually write it out. And once it's
saved all references to divesites are gone.