Issue with duplicate dive sites

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:03:46 PDT 2015

On 9 Sep 2015 02:55, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 09:19:26AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > As for removing the dive sites from the XML file, doing so doesn't crash
> > Subsurface but it doesn't remove the references to non-existing
divesites,
> > either. I'll look into this a little more this morning, I think that
> > behavior isn't correct. If a dive site doesn't exist, we shouldn't
store a
> > reference to it.
>
> OK, I just pushed a commit that will make this much easier.
> Pull the latest master and rebuild.
> Then open your XML file in your favorite editor :-)
> Remove the divesites section at the top of the file.
> Save again.
>
> Now open this file in Subsurface. And save it again. I think you may have
> to make a dummy change for it to actually write it out. And once it's
> saved all references to divesites are gone.

Thanks for this. I've also got a few duplicate and bogus dive sites in my
log, so this should make cleaning them up easier.

It is very easy to create bogus sites when using the Marble interface if
you save your mistake, and no obvious way to correct it without editing the
xml file. An ui method would be good.

Rick