Beta Testing

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Sep 9 04:38:18 PDT 2015

Hi,

> On 09.09.2015, at 11:55, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> technically you can export your Subsurface registry settings and
> import (merge) them on another machine.
>
> Start menu -> in the search bar type "Regedit" (!! careful not to
> delete something here !!) -> goto "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" -> "Software" ->
> right click "Subsurface" -> Export and save the .REG file somewhere.
> Then on another machine double click the .REG file (or right click ->
> Merge).

also with respect to the other thread on allowing several users to use subsurface: Maybe a start would be if we would give users the chance to export the QSettings to a file (and load them again). By file I mean some serialization that could also be transferred to a different OS where the settings/registry are handled differently. A quick check revealed that QSettings does not have a << operator though. But maybe via QMap (that has such an operator).

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F