cloud storage progress bar testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 10 09:09:16 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 06:57:26PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 10 September 2015 at 18:33, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:49:14PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> >> at least i can do some testing here.
> >>
> >> i'm able to show the progress bar it if i add this explicitly in
> >> MainWindow::showProgressBar():
> >> progressDialog->show();
> >> but it stays at zero when doing "Open cloud storage".
> >
> > Just to make sure (in case this isn't obvious) - you will ONLY see the
> > progress bar if you are actually talking to the remote server. If all you
> > do is confirm that HEAD is the same and then read the local cache (which
> > is the "normal" mode when you open cloud storage) you will never see the
> > progress bar.
> >

> ok, i see.
> if i delete the cache it shows the progress bar.

Excellent. I wonder if one of the people who saw the spinner problem (more
precisely the "I don't see the spinner"-problem) on Windows 10 could test
this as well. Steve, Benjamin, Sander - can you see the progress dialog
when you clear the cache or force anything else that requires network
communication?

BTW: In my testing it seems that the progress bar isn't shown on save
operations... I'm trying to figure out what's up with that...