count down to Beta 1 - Android app

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 11 11:27:24 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 09:35:47PM +0300, Grace Karanja wrote:

> I intended the log feature to display some sort of application log. I guess if the name has some confusion we can change it.
>
> Meanwhile I will look at the other comments regarding the dive details view.

Hi Grace,

quick check in... I don't see any recent work in your devel branch on
Github. I was kinda hoping to have people start playing with the Android
App, soon, but I don't think what we have now really is ready for that.

What do you think?

I was really hoping to have at least "some" downloads from dive computers
working (that's more a request for Anton, I guess), but I also think that
the Android UI right now is still rather "klunky".

Basically I think this is a killer app, but I don't want to get people
excited, have them try and then say "wow, that UI is terrible"...

It's hard for me to get a good feeling for how much time you'll be able to
spend on this in the next few days / weeks. I understand that real life
comes first, this is not intended to put pressure on you - this email's
intention is to help me do a better job planning the next steps.

Thanks