testing the Uemis code [was Re: UEMIS-bug fix: fixing the dialog message when the memory us full]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 15 12:10:17 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:00:03PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Current head (4a19145e) seems to be downloading things for me. But
> > it's still running because I did a "force download all" to check the
> > whole "you need to unplug and replug" thing too, so it will be a while
> > before I actually can say "yes, that worked".
>
> Actually, it seems that I don't even h ave enough dives on that Uemis
> for the "remove and retry" thing to trigger. I guess the firmware
> update reset my dives (or did we switch dive computers around? I
> forget), so now it can download all the dives I have in one go.
>
> So I think Guido's testing is actually more useful, because he clearly
> hits the unplug special case.
>
> The download seems successful.
>
> The Uemis downloader still gives those insane cylinder sizes (because
> Uemis has some odd notion of how imperial naming works), and still
> gives that insane "drysuit" suit (since I can't imagine that anybody
> ever has the energy to edit those fields), but those are all old and
> known issues, and have more to do with uemis than with us.

I know that we switched dive computers around a few times. It's possible
that I dove the one that you have now at some point and set the suit.
Can you check in the marvelous on board log book? We can do this when I
come by later - it's a bit of a pain to get to :-)

Sadly, mine does appear dead. It would have had enough dives to need a
re-plug :-(