testing the Uemis code [was Re: UEMIS-bug fix: fixing the dialog message when the memory us full]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 16 10:53:48 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 08:43:45PM +0300, Guido Lerch wrote:

> Hi Dirk
> I'll digest this later, I am on the road now.
>
> I might send you and Linus a special patch that writes down the Uemis and files to disc.

I though I told you this trick before. Once you are done with one round
(i.e., before you unplug the Uemis) you can simply tar up the mounted FS.
And then you can put this somewhere else on your machine and run your code
against it again. This is wonderful for debugging because then you can
turn off all the delays and the code runs at full speed. Of course the
conserved data mean that you cannot see what happens if you send different
commands to the dive computer - but for analysis of what's going wrong at
any specific time it's really good.