testing the Uemis code [was Re: UEMIS-bug fix: fixing the dialog message when the memory us full]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 16 22:48:29 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 07:32:30AM +0200, Guido Lerch wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> one comment below but I have another problem ...
>
> I went through another round of test and wanted to print out the dive list,
> when trying to do that
> I need to select a template but the drop down shows me the entire
> subsurface directory with
> all kinds of files. Is there a template that only prints my list and if so
> what is it's name ?

I'm confused. Can you explain a little more?
When you print you should have a few templates to pick from, one of them
is table that's nice to print a dive list.

> A weird behaviour I found and I think this is just recently ... is that
> once I finished all the loading of
> my 230+ dives the divespots are there, once I click save, some disappear
> and the location is named
> from Uemis, if I close the app and reopen all divespots are back

That's bad. I don't have divespots on my Uemis so this will be tough to
reproduce. Can you send me (off list) the XML file that is created when
you save after the download? Just so I understand what's actually written
to the file?

> > > the object_id of the divelogs and the dive details don't match, this
> > means
> > > that when you want the dive
> > > detail of divelog object_id 2, you have to look for the dive detail that
> > > has logfilenr 2. In my Uemis the
> > > first object_id is 2 which matches with dive details object_id 3 that
> > has a
> > > divelognr 2.
> >
> > And in mine the offset is 2 - which could never happen with your code.
> > Fundamentally the if condition above is bogus. You need to parse the
> > logfilenr that was in the response from the Uemis and compare THAT to the
> > dc.diveid
>
> Thats exactly what I am doing, I am just starting off the wrong index.

It isn't what you are doing in the current code. You are not parsing the
value of logfile that you are getting back from the dive computer anywhere
in the code that I could find.