Failed OSTC3 fw update

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Sep 17 01:41:57 PDT 2015

On 17 September, 2015 - "Paul-Erik Törrönen" wrote:

> >> qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgentPrivate::stop()
> >> [78.817027] ERROR: Unexpected character (0x50). [in hw_ostc3.c:966
> >> (hw_ostc3_firmware_readline)]
> > Looks like somethings b0rken with your firmware file.
>
> Disagree, because:
> $ md5sum v_188_hwos_firmware.hex
> 1df606e0cbca68c691e8570334238d72  v_188_hwos_firmware.hex
>
> which is the same as on the download-page:
>
> [1.88]
> MD5: 1df606e0cbca68c691e8570334238d72

Ok, but this time it swallowed the file without any errors?

Strange.

> > I should probably tinker some with the ui there. If you click Retrieve
> > available details the device is put into download mode, and thus not
> > accepting firmware-upgrade command any longer.
>
> Ok, I redid the steps as you suggested, with going straight for the
> upgrade, but then it just stopped doing anything, the progress bar
> remained at 0%, no action on the dc itself, until the dc did a timeout,
> and I got in the terminal the following:
>
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: Bluez 5 detected.
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: Creating QtBluezDiscoveryManager
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: Discovered:  "00:80:25:49:F9:29" "OSTC3#04460" Num
> UUIDs 2 total device 0 cached RSSI 0 Class 7936
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: Updating RSSI for "00:80:25:49:F9:29" QVariant(short,
> -74)
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: Discovered:  "A8:54:B2:5E:B3:6B" "TVBluetooth" Num
> UUIDs 0 total device 1 cached RSSI -79 Class 525372
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgentPrivate::stop()
> QSocketNotifier: Socket notifiers cannot be enabled or disabled from
> another thread
> qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothSocketPrivate::_q_readNotify() 26
> error: -1 "Connection timed out"
>

>From what i remembered i tested that scenario against my OSTC Sport
and it worked. I'm currently out of AA-batteries that have enough
energia left to power the bluetooth module but I'm going to test this
again against the sport to verify that it works as expected.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604