Divecomputer nickname handling..

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu Sep 17 17:17:03 PDT 2015

Not because of disrespect of devels efforts, no.
Python is not suited for a desktop application: it's too slow, uses too
much resources, the legibility of the code is worse than c++,  it has no
good library for reading dive computers, it's hard to package it on osx
Windows and Linux regarding libraries, bindings to another languages are a
pain to be made. You don't see c or c++ apps going to python, but the
opposite : once the python app stops scalling, it must go to either c or
c++.  You may ask gcompris - the only gnome based python software for
education, thst now is a c++ software on kde umbrella.