Bluetooth Issues and Fixes

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 00:36:03 PDT 2015

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately today I am a little busy but
I will try this weekend to reproduce your problem and to find a solution.

> General notes and questions:
>
> I potentially may have caused the issue with the native Bluetooth by  trying
> to trouble-shoot the Windows SPP outgoing com port issues noted above?

I don't have too much experience on Windows 10 but I will try see if the
old native Bth implementation works on my environment. My focus was on our
custom implementation and I didn't have the chance to test the old one.

> Running Bluetooth log view software I can see the correct mac address of the
> dive computer shown when it comes into range of the laptop.

I will do some investigation and I hope that I will find out why the
Bluetooth address
is not converted correctly.

> When doing the scan, where is it getting the mac address for the devices
> from and/or storing it?

The Bluetooth address is stored in a QBluetoothDeviceInfo object and saved
as user data to QListWidgetItem items.

> What is the button with the ellipse next to ellipsis (3 dots) next to the
> device or mount point drop-box supposed to do?

I believe that it does a search for a Uemis dive computer or something
like that.

Cheers,
Claudiu