Subsurface companion app

Adric Norris landstander668 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:09:57 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Willem Ferguson <fergusonwillem at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am looking at the user manual text for the companion app. If one wishes
> to save single points instead of a continuous stream of points, it looks
> like there is not a simple way. As far as I can see one needs to select
> Start Service" to record single points. But it also initiates the streaming
> of locations. This generates automatically-generated points in the location
> list. If Start Service is not selected and one hits the + button to add a
> single location, the companion app hang with a message "Waiting for
> data..."?

I just tried it using the released version (2.1) with service stopped, and
got the same behaviour you describe. This was working last month,
however... I used it successfully 10 times while vacationing in Florida,
with the same device and configuration. There must be something else
playing into this, as the android app doesn't appear to have been updated
since January.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams