almost Beta 2

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 18 17:34:49 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: subsurface [mailto:subsurface-bounces at subsurface-divelog.org] On Behalf Of Dirk Hohndel
Sent: Saturday, 19 September 2015 6:23 AM
To: Subsurface Mailing List <subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org>
Subject: almost Beta 2

Just a quick update. I'm waiting for patches from Tomaz. I just kicked of daily builds so people who want to test have something to test.
The weekend will be rather busy with family activities, so if I don't get Beta 2 today I'm not sure when it will go out, but as far as I'm concerned we have now entered the final stage.

We need to test, translate, document, and fix bugs and issues that pop up.

It would be really nice if more of the 200+ people on this list would participate in this effort. Beta 1 binaries have been tested on a total of
90 systema / VMss. And that includes all the folks who aren't on this list who saw the various announcements. Cloud storage has been tested by fewer than 50 people.

All the bugs and issues we don't find now will be found by our users. And that really is a shame.

/D

I hadn't realised that the daily builds were being signed until the discussion about it on the Mac recently.

Just in case they are also being signed for Windows:
On Windows 10 (something simular also happened on earlier windows versions) when installing you get the message "Windows Protected Your PC"
Then you need to click more info to get the run anyway button to show up.
See attached screenshots.

Steve