UEMIS Patch fixing alternating dive details

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Sep 19 16:39:39 PDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> IIRC you still need to manually uncheck it after the first run through.
> I don't think this is fixed, yet.

So quite frankly, I'm pretty sure that is entirely broken.

If you uncheck the "force download all dives" check-button, then that
means that once you start downloading the rest, if you now hit a dive
you already have, it stops. No?

So I really think that the "retry" logic needs to make sure that the
dive number it starts with takes not only the existing dives into
account, but takes the pending downloaded dives into account too. And
then it should continue downloading the next one, even *if* "force
download" is still checked.

Or something.

Anyway, for now, my testing involved manually clearing that
checkbutton. Since I started with "empty.xml", I'm not going to hit
the "you already have this dive" case anyway.

                Linus