stuck in deco calculations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 19 22:29:22 PDT 2015

So I tested the Uemis download with force and retry and a couple of
iterations of that... it all looked good. And then I accepted the download
and Subsurface hung. Attached a debugger and it's clearly hung in deco
calculations. Specifically, and that's what's puzzling me, in
calc_crushing_pressure(). Since we don't use vpm-b for displaying the
ceiling of recorded dives, I of course wonder why this code is ever called
- and it is, unconditionally, in add_segment().

Robert, any comment on this?

I'd love to try and save a test file that allows one to reproduce the
issue, except that I can't seem to get to a point where I could save the
dive file. The deco computation appears to finish eventually, only to get
started again :-(

As I tried to debug this more in the running process, looking around I
notice that I'm in calculate_deco_information() with a time_stepsize of -9
(hmm, that's fascinating) and a depth of -2147483648... that's not good.

Digging deeper shows me that have two consecutive plot entries where the
first one has a time stamp that's larger than the second one which messes
up everything else.

I'll continue to try to trick Subsurface in the debugger to let me save
the data file. This one is annoying :-(