Almost Beta 2 Cloud Storage fails

John Smith noseygit at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 20 02:17:39 PDT 2015

I still cannot access the cloud storage nor do I have progress bars.
I'm running W7 SP1 with Beta 2.
When I open Subsurface with cloud storage default file ticked, the very top bar is initially empty but then brings up 'Cloud storage for XXXXXXXX'
After that point, nothing really happens, there are no error messages or progress bars to indicate the problem. I tried to 'save as' an empty database to my local drive to see if it was because it needed something to read first, but it gave me a red bar at the bottom with the message 'Unable to open git repository'.
If I open subsurface using the local default file ticked, I can save an empty database to my local drive and then 'save as' when I reopen with cloud storage clicked
My network account is verified and I can access the GPS site data so I know I have connectivity.
A few days ago, whilst running Beta 1, I suddenly had some of my log, but cannot confirm how that happened. I've started Subsurface Beta 2 now and will leave it for a couple of hours and see what happens just in case I see the long update mentioned by  one of the other posters.
I've tried setting up a new account and that just fails. I get the red bar on the bottom saying no access to the git.
Finally I am getting a number of un expected shut downs. There seems to be no logic in when it closes, but it is associated with trying different ways of access cloud.