Almost Beta 2 Cloud Storage fails

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 07:27:31 PDT 2015

On 21 September 2015 at 08:22, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> so
> > I tried to checkout at an old commit around the time I last saved to
> cloud
> > successfully, which was in late July.  My intention was to bisect it,
> but I
> > couldn't find a "good" point to start.  I suspect something must have
> > changed in my Fedora 22 configuration, but I have no idea what.
> > >

> > > Do you build libgit2 from source or do you use the library that comes
> > with F22? That's the most obvious potential issue
> > >

> > I built libgit2 from source using the build.sh script. The backtrace
> shows
> > it's the library in the install-root directory. I also get the same error
> > running your Fedora 22 beta 2 binary.
>
> I spent all day cleaning up the mess I got myself in with Qt5.5 so I
> didn't investigate this any further.
>
> Linus, you're on Fedora 22 - have you ever played with the "official"
> cloud storage instead of our private repositories?
>
> I have an F22 VM somewhere... I'll get to this at some point but likely
> not today as I already spent 7+ hours on Subsurface today...
>
> I tested Subsurface on my old laptop, which also has Fedora 22 installed.
It cloud saving and opening worked with the git version (current in July)
that was installed in it.  It works after updating Subsurface, libgit and
the other libraries to the latest dependencies, and updating the system.
This just confuses me.  Same versions of same software with same OS, yet
one works, and one doesn't.  I doubt it's so low-level, but both are
running 4.1.6 kernel.

I tried rebuilding with build.sh from scratch, nuking
~/.local/share/Subsurface, even ~/.config/Subsurface.  I still can't make
it connect with Subsurface.

On the command line I can manually git clone the repository.  It's empty
except for the hidden files - I believe that's how it's supposed to be.

Turns out F22 does run a firewall by default.  But it does on my old laptop
too.  Disabling it with systemd had no effect, and nor did enabling it but
setting the network connection to 'home' or 'trusted'.  Nothing is in
/etc/hosts.deny or /etc/hosts.allow.

I'm really clutching at straws, but could it possibly the uefi?  The old
laptop has traditional bios.

Cheers,

Rick