Almost Beta 2 Cloud Storage fails

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:17:06 PDT 2015

https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/rickmwalsh@gmail.com[rickmwalsh@gmail.com]
> > Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
> > git storage: fetch remote
> > git storage: check remote status
> > git storage: try to update
> > git storage: update remote
> >
> > Then Subsurface freezes.
>
> So it looks like it might be the git_remote_push() that hangs.
> Which is odd, given that the fetch above seems to have worked.
> I guess I need to add timestamps... how long did this take?
> I mean how long from start to the "update remote" and hang?
> A second? Five? Thirty?

Something like a second. Maybe more but less than 5.

> Can you run a traceroute to cloud.subsurface-divelog.org ?

Sleep now but I can tomorrow.

> What are your ping times?
> If you access the server over https with a browser, is it responsive?

The webview takes about a second to load/refresh

> > I tried again, this time making a small change:
> >
> > [rick at notyourcomputer build]$ ./subsurface -v
> > Map theme file does not exist: ""
> > QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
> > such file or directory
> > git storage: update local repo
> > sync with remote

https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/rickmwalsh@gmail.com[rickmwalsh@gmail.com]
> > Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
> > Cloud storage: unable to connect to cloud server
>
> Now this is interesting. Because above this worked. But it does have a
> relatively short timeout. I'm wondering... if that's the issue. A really
> slow connection that times out sometimes and doesn't in others instances.

If the connection were too slow, it shouldn't work on my old laptop. Cloud
save works every time on the old and never on the new. I even plugged my
new laptop directly into the router in case it was the wifi.

> > git storage: do git save
>
> Now it's only saving to your local cache because it wasn't able to reach
> the remote.
>
> > removed reference to non-existant dive site with uuid ebc33231
> > removed reference to non-existant dive site with uuid 9d62ab69
> > removed reference to non-existant dive site with uuid fb3df0ad
> > removed reference to non-existant dive site with uuid 9d62ab69
> > removed reference to non-existant dive site with uuid 13f22db5
> > ---many more lines like the above----
>
> I wonder why that happens. Is this the first time you've successfully
> saved in a while?

Yes, the version on the cloud was saved from my old computer.