Failed OSTC3 fw update

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Sep 21 10:56:19 PDT 2015

On 17 September, 2015 - "Paul-Erik Törrönen" wrote:

> > Ok, but this time it swallowed the file without any errors?
> > Strange.
>
> Yes, the after clicking open on the dialog with the .hex-file selected, it
> returned to the dc-dialog, the progress bar remained at 0% until the dc
> timed out.
>
> The dc did not in any time go into the 'maintenance'-mode, which it did
> when I later updated it with the OSTC Companion (on Windows).

I did manage to squeeze some joules out of a AA battery i found here and
tested some bt firmware updates.

The dc went into maintenance-mode but got stuck in uploading the new
firmware to the device, and never got a reply.

The lack of reply is probably due to a crappy battery running out, but
the qtserialbluetooth code never times out on read. Thats bad, and makes
the hole ui hang.

I'm going to try to remember to by some batteries and test it again, but
the bt code needs a timeout anyhow.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604