Windows binary saga

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 23 05:40:50 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 02:58:14PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> "Windows Key" + R (opens the "run prompt")
> type: "eventvwr"
>
> it can point out the faulting module, offset and the error type, but
> that's far less useful than what OSX has as crash log info, for
> instance.
> from there on release builds it involves attempting to break at that
> offset and trying to obtain a stack trace even if it's not crashing
> the debugger.
>
> it's a SIGSEGV (aka STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION; 0xC0000005 on Win32)
> inside libgit2, so quite possibly this is an issue on their end, given
> it works with my DLL.

Yep, that's what I am unfortunately still getting, even after making sure
that I am building libgit2 0.23.2 (latest release).

Running under gdb sadly gives me no stack trace at all (it believes it is
at address 0x0000002b with no valid back trace).

So apparently there are more problems left in my Windows build :-(