DiveLocationManagement rewrite

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 23 14:25:13 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 05:45:44PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> Dirk,
> Here comes the rest of the series. I'v tested with:
>  - No Dives
> -  Dives
> - Creating Dives
> - Cancelling
>
> everything seemed to work - I need a bit of help testing it. after all it's
> a major rewrite.

Much as it scares me I pulled this into master after some minor cleanup.

It's way late in the cycle but I think it's the right thing to do.

This will require that people really really test the dive location edit
functionality some more.

> points:
>
> - new code is *much* more easy to read and follow.
> - Lots of dead code removed.
> - you *cant* edit the dive site and the dive at the same time. edit the
> dive, then edit the dive site, or only edit the dive site.

I played with this. It's a bit surprising but not bad. So good call on the
trade-off.