Windows binary saga

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:47:53 PDT 2015

On 24 September 2015 at 05:56, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> And after a lot more of what I would mostly call "random changes that
> make no sense" I appear to have a working daily build.
>
> Please try subsurface-4.4.97-41-g148b30849aba.exe (or a newer version, in
> case you read this after I make a newer one available).
>
> I just downloaded and installed 4.4.97-68-g6..... on Windows 10 on my
laptop (which I think might be very similar to yours).

> I'm especially interested in
>
> a) does it work on Windows 10

Yes!

> b) does it work with Subsurface cloud storage

It appears to work from within Subsurface (I can save and open it, and it
remembers changes), but cloud webview doesn't appear to have updated after
~10 min.

Thinking perhaps maybe it was just reading the local git divelog, I renamed
C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Subsurface\Subsurface, and opened from cloud,
forcing it to download everything.  Download worked, but it was my old
log.  Saving had failed.  The dive logs were completely different (the
version I had on Windows had some newer dives, no older dives, no saved
notes, one bogus location and the rest without locations).  Not surprised
if git struggled to merge them.

Attempting to give it a simple merge, I started with the cloud log that had
loaded, and edited the notes of one dive.  Subsurface crashed.

I reproduced this twice by:
1. Open from cloud
2. Edit note, buddy, etc. for a dive
3. Apply changes and it crashes

I can't test this on Linux, because I can't open from or save to cloud....

c) general testing :-)

> I only had a brief chance to test, but didn't come across any other odd
behaviour.  Setting a bogus dive location with Marble worked if done in
order: name site, apply changes, right click in globe to set location,
double click at location.  I haven't been keeping up with the latest
changes to the user manual, but we should document this process.

I also planned a dive successfully in Buhlmann and VPM-B.

Cheers,

Rick