Windows binary saga

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 25 06:27:25 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 07:31:07AM +0000, Sander M. Kleijwegt wrote:
> Please find attached 2 log files
>
> initial_load.txt -> Opening subsurface without the cache directory present. It connects to the git server and downloads/shows all dives correctly

But the first one appears to do a git save, not a load; I'm confused.

> load_with_cache.txt -> After adding a dive from my ubuntu machine I pressed file->open cloud storage on my windows machine and didn't get the new dive. I was able to git pull on the cloud-git manually from my ubuntu machine to verify the new dive was there.

When you add a file on your Ubuntu machine and saved it to the cloud, what
did you do on the Windows side to see it? Restart subsurface and open the
cloud storage? The second log shows a git load as expected and loads 87
dives from it. It seems to access the remote correctly (it does a git
fetch).

I still don't quite understand the sequence of operations, to be honest.
Must be the lack of coffee.

This is the sequence that I think you are doing. Can you verify?

Machine 1: remove cache (so this simulates a new machines that connects)
           open cloud storage
Machine 2: open cloud storage, add dive, save to cloud storage
Verify via web interface that the new dive has arrived on the cloud server
Machine 1: restart Subsurface and open cloud storage
           new dive is not showing up

Is that the sequence?