Windows binary saga

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 25 14:01:54 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 12:31:37PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > On Sep 25, 2015, at 10:23, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Good evening.
> >
> > I can also confirm Sander's issues in Win10 with 4.4.97-74.
> >
> > - git clones remote repo fine
> > - changes are also saved in local repo
> > - local and remote are never synchronized
>
> I can reproduce this and have started debugging it. No clear idea what's going on. Right now I'm getting confusing errors that show up only when testing on Windows.

OK, here are the two errors that I can see but that I don't quite know how
to fix, yet.

a) when we set the proxy variable to "" in order to disable the proxy,
that works fine on Linux and Mac but causes us to get an "The parameter is
incorrect" error on Windows. So I need to somehow remove that parameter or
something. I'm working on that.
In a weird twist on the past, if you have set a proxy (which I had for all
my tests in the past because the machine on which I run these tests in a
VM is usually on  my corporate network either because I'm in the office or
on a VPN), then things work - which is why I was never able to reproduce
this.

b) on Windows 10 the renaming of local git cache directory fails. I tried
both QFile::rename and QDir::rename. Both fail. I'll try to figure out why
but this is also an issue that needs to be addressed.