More OSTC3 Bt woes on DC config

"Paul-Erik Törrönen" poltsi at 777-team.org
Sat Sep 26 01:22:37 PDT 2015

The cakemonster Glance (Anton?) asked me on IRC yesterday to check the
FW-update functionality.

I pulled the latest Windows build (subsurface-4.4.97-81-gc4eb9571bea0.exe)
and did the following (on an empty log):

1. Start Subsurface, go to File -> Configure dive computer
2. Click on Connect via Bluetooth
3. Set OSTC3 in Bt-mode
4. Click Scan on the Remote Bluetooth device selection dialog
5. Select the OSTC3 in the list, click save

At this point I have returned to the Configure dive computer-dialog, with
the correct address in the Device or mount point-field.

But the only two buttons that are not greyed out are Connect via Bluetooth
and Connect. The latter does nothing when clicked, and the former just
takes me back to the Remote Bluetooth device selection dialog.

There is no difference in this behavior whether I have selected one of the
3 device-types (OSTC3, Suunto, OSTC).

I'll reboot the laptop shortly to check whether this behavior is also
present in the Linux-version of Subsurface (latest from Git).

Poltsi

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen   "When science and the Bible differ,
poltsi at 777-team.org   science has obviously misinterpreted