ostc BT download failure

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Wed Sep 30 23:28:30 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-29 20:06, Miika Turkia wrote:
> I am testing out OSTC sport and BT download. However, this fails
> miserably:
> ---8<---
> INFO: Sleep: value=300
> Event: model=18 (0x00000012), firmware=2578 (0x00000a12), serial=10321
> (0x00002851)

You have an OSTC Sport with firmware v10.18.

> ERROR: Unsupported command. [in hw_ostc3.c:207 (hw_ostc3_transfer)]

This is most likely the attempt to download the new compact header. If
the firmware doesn't support that command, this is detected and
libdivecomputer will fallback to downloading the full headers. So this
is a harmless error.

> ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in hw_ostc3.c:242
> (hw_ostc3_transfer)]
> ERROR: Failed to read the header. [in hw_ostc3.c:635
> (hw_ostc3_device_foreach)]

This is an error during the download of the full headers. Without more
verbose logging ("enable libdivecomputer logfile"), it's hard to tell
what exactly is going wrong here. It looks like we received the command
echo, but no data packet (or not a complete packet).

> ERROR: Failed to receive the echo. [in hw_ostc3.c:200
> (hw_ostc3_transfer)]
> ERROR: Failed to send the command. [in hw_ostc3.c:487
> (hw_ostc3_device_close)]

This is an error when trying to close the connection. You don't even
receive the command echo now. That makes me think the bluetooth
connection was already lost/broken after the previous error.

Jef