Subsurface-mobile port to Kirigami 1.0

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 1 14:27:41 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 11:17:03PM +0200, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Freitag, 1. April 2016 16:02:10 CEST you wrote:
>
> > > is familiar with a similar component in ios and currently going in/out the
> > > edit mode changes the whole screen "magically" without any transition,
> > > that is usually not recommended in mobile applications.
> >
> > Not sure I understand what you are saying here, can you try again - it
> > looks like maybe a part of the sentence got lost editing?
>
> Let me chime in, I think know what he meant (knowing Marco, I know that this
> is not a lost part of the sentence, but an artifact of Italian-English, just
> add a "This" at the beginning ;) ).
> What he meant was that the dialog "sheet" in Kirigami is modeled after a
> common iOS component. The difference is, though, that this dialog on iOS
> visibly moves over the content from the bottom when opened, making it clear
> that it can be dismissed again by pushing it down.
> On Subsurface, on the other hand, there is no visual transition between the
> normal view and the edit view. This is what makes it unexpected that it can pe
> flicked away.

There is a massive change in the way the page looks, but there isn't a
sliding transition to bring in the new page. I'd love that, it would look
nice and would work very well with the idea of flicking it away.

> The recommendation is to use the sheet with the animation, in order to have a
> clear transition between both modes.

I'd appreciate pointers as to how to implement that. I'll need to look at
the other Kirigami Android app that Marco posted about on the Plasma list
- my guess is that I can borrow from that code :-)