iOS beta testing

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 23:47:20 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 3:52 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 04:55:13PM +0100, David Brander wrote:
>>
>> Here's a copy of a few dives I've exported from DM5 and tried to pull into
>> Subsurface. Unfortunately I borrow the Suunto cable from a friend who is
>> currently on holiday so I can't import them directly.  Just messing about
>> now, it appears I'm able to export a backup from DM5 and import that to
>> Subsurface and it works correctly, I've attached a copy of the DM5 backup
>> and the logbook it created too for reference.  Seems odd I can import all
>> dives, but not a single one correctly.
>
> I never use DM5 (I need to to configure my EON Steel - but I find it just
> terrible as a dive log). So I have no experience with importing dives from
> it at all.
>
> Do I understand correctly that you can import the DB Backup file correctly
> and all works fine, but that the import of the SDE files fails?

One of those things that used to work but broke down along the way. I
suspect that there has been a change in the library we use for parsing
these logs and that broke the functionality of importing SDE files.
Our parsing code was written in 2011 and at that time I did test that
the import worked, and now it doesn't. Anyway, I just sent a patch to
fix this and another one that calculates the dive duration as David's
log export from DM5 did not include the duration field.

miika