ios app testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 2 04:50:30 PDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 03:47:16PM +0800, Miika Turkia wrote:
> Go to application log and then create new dive via menu - menu - manage dives - add manually => immediate return to application log (creating an empty dive). Same occurs when attempting to view gps fixes from app log

Hmm. iTunes Connect tells me that you are on 1165 (always a good idea to
mention that). I tried to reproduce this and don't see this at all.

If I go to the GlobalDrawer->Manage dives->Add dive manually I see a sheet
slide in from below (I think that animation is a bit too fast, actually)
that allows me to edit a new dive.
(funnily, when I just tried this and then tried to edit the notes on that
sheet I was able to reproduce the stupid bottom margin / keyboard position
confusion bug where the sheet moves up TWICE the size of the keyboard...
grrr...)

I'm not sure what you mean by "attempting to view gps fixes from app log".

> deleting dive freezes monentarily and then there is no time to undo iPhone 6s+

Yes, this is bugging the heck out of me. I don't understand why the UI
freezes. I need to talk to a QML developer about this because I don't
quite understand when and why the UI might freeze like this. We ask for
the drawer to close before we call the delete function in the C++ code.

Is there a way to yield the processor for a moment to make sure that UI
actions are run? What exactly makes the UI freeze to begin with?

> if I scroll to the end of my log, I cannot anymore reach the top dives. I get always thrown nesrthe end when attempting to scroll up

Also a known bug that needs some work. I have reported this to the
Kirigami folks several times. It appears to be that QML gets confused and
can't quite figure out the hight of the elements involved and then gives
up and plops you back down at the bottom of the list. Very annoying.