TestFlight feedback for Subsurface-mobile.

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Sat Apr 2 05:50:50 PDT 2016

On Samstag, 2. April 2016 06:57:32 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 09:50:12AM +0100, Jaspal Sahota wrote:
> > I think the sideways flick  detection can be too sensitive. I find myself
> > flicking sideways when really I think I'm trying to flick upward - seems
> > to happen when I've scrolled to the bottom of the page and I'm seeing the
> > last line of the notes. Not sure if this is because my thumb naturally
> > moves more to the side or if there's something in the Ui doing the
> > sideways 'translation'
> I don't think I had this happen to me before, but when playing with your
> description I can definitely see it. I think this is a matter of careful
> fine tuning because we don't want to make this insensitive to horizontal
> movement, either.

It indeed is a matter of fine-tuning. Movements are hardly ever clearly
horizontal or clearly vertical, they're always diagonal.
I don't know how Subsurface-mobile handles it currently, but what should work
is registering a movement as either only vertical or only horizontal based on
the angle to which is smaller, and not execute the other unless there is a
completely new movement.