Android: Subsurface-mobile downloadfrom divecomputer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Apr 2 23:28:22 PDT 2016

On 18/02/2016 16:09, Anton Lundin wrote:
> Is there a way in android to check for a PID? You can imagine that
> the initial step of devising communication will be immensely
> complex.
>>> A PID is useless without the corresponding VID. We already have code
>>> that checks for supported PID/VID's in get_usb_fd(). We would get
>>> intents from the system if a PID/VID that we had listed in the manifest
>>> would be connected to the device too.
1) get_usb_fd() has two parameters: idVendor and idProduct. Where are
the values for these obtained?

2) This function then initialises vendorid and productid and provides a
basic method to verify a valid USB device. Am I correct?

3) It appears this function is not called anywhere within the Subsurface
software yet. Is this correct?

> My tip is to play around with the desktop app on your Android device.
> //Anton
ok, what do you mean with "desktop app on Android"?. An app downloadable
from Play Store?

Thanks for your valuable comments.
Willem