significant changes coming to master

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 4 22:35:22 PDT 2016

This is a heads up for those building from source...

I moved things around a bit because some of the directory names were ill
chosen.
subsurface-core -> core
qt-mobile -> mobile-widgets
This causes all kinds of fun in your build directories. A make clean often
helps, but at least when building for iOS the only way I got everything
to work again was to completely throw away the build directory and start
over.

There are other major changes worth noting.

Obviously Linus' patch that he talked about in that nice intro mail. Go
back and read the 0/1 cover letter... and maybe help test the code so it's
not our end users who find the bugs.

The mobile version no longer saves changes right away. Instead it tries to
save them once the user isn't working with Subsurface-mobile anymore.
Right now this seems to work very well on iOS and not at all on Android. I
still need to figure out why. Right now that is holding up the next test
versions of the two apps - hopefully I'l have this figured out, soon.

There are a number of UI changes to the mobile app, most of them in
response to user feedback. There are still a small number of issues that I
want to see addressed, but after the regressions caused by the move to
Kirigami 1.0 I'm quite happy with the progress.

It's quite a few commits, so maybe take the time and read the commit log
to see what's been going on.

I tried to test as many combinations as possible, but I'm sure I've
forgotten some and broke some thing. Apologies...

Have fun