significant changes coming to master

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 4 22:52:26 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 10:35:22PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> The mobile version no longer saves changes right away. Instead it tries to
> save them once the user isn't working with Subsurface-mobile anymore.
> Right now this seems to work very well on iOS and not at all on Android. I
> still need to figure out why. Right now that is holding up the next test
> versions of the two apps - hopefully I'l have this figured out, soon.

Oh bother. It seems the Qt developers consider this a feature.
In their mind an app is either an activity (has a UI, talks to you), or a
service (is allowed to run in the background), but never both. So they
actively prevent an activity from doing any work once the app is no longer
in the foreground.

I cannot even tell you on how many level this annoys me.

But that means that many of the changes that I just(!) pushed may need to
be rethought - at least on Android.