VPM-B Oddity

John Van Ostrand john at vanostrand.com
Tue Apr 5 19:02:42 PDT 2016

I have an example where VPM-B +0 gives an earlier and longer deco
obligation than VPM-B +1 and +2 for the same imported dive.  I found
another dive where +0 and +1 were almost identical.

I was comparing VPM-B to Cochran's algorithm on a dive were the Cochran
gave me a minor deco obligation. To do that I'd change to the VPM-B algo in
the Plan dive function and it would show the obligation for a dive in the
profile display for imported dives.

I tried pulling out the XML for just the two dives in question but I was
unable to duplicate the problem. When I included previous dives from the
trip it was reproducible. It seems to be an issue when repetitive dives are
included. The SIT was 18 hours.

I can provide an XML file to whomever is interested in investigating. The
algo implementation is way beyond me.

--
John Van Ostrand
At large on sabbatical