iOS Feedback for 1.0.5 (4.5.2.1230)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Apr 7 08:57:03 PDT 2016

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 2:03 PM, Rainer Mohr <mail at divelogs.de> wrote:
>
> Testing on an iPhone 6 plus.
>
> Tried to edit a dive with a fairly long divesite name.
> Portrait mode of the phone: The input field is wider than the screen, so I have no chance to put the cursor to the end of the field to append something:

I noticed that the way we calculate the width of the pages is now broken with Kirigami which causes many clipping issues on the right side of the screen. That's a Subsurface-mobile bug, not a Kirigami bug - I'm just doing this wrong and haven't figured out yet, how to do it correctly :-/

> The input field also flows over on the much larger iPad.

Likely the same issue

> Then turned the phone to landscape position in hope to get a wide enough input field. Tapped into the Location field and the whole screen shifted upwards out of visibilty leaving a lot of grey space, so I can't put the cursor into the field at all any more. As soon as I try to scroll the fields down and tap back into the Location fields it jumps up again:

That's a Qt bug that still isn't fixed. 90% of the time Qt doesn't shrink the screen the app sees when the keyboard opens, so we add a bottom margin to move the page up by the size of the keyboard. And then sometimes (and I don't know how to detect it), Qt does shrink the page and we get this massive gray area and everything goes to crap. Sometimes it seems to help to close the keyboard and then to open it again. But I had situations where that didn't help, either

> After going back to the list, I can no longer open any dive from the list to view it, the dive stays highlighted blue but no dive visible until I kill the app and relaunch. The dive is there, as I can swipe     to the left when in the dive list and then it's there, but I can not access it via the dive list.

> This seems to be a general problem. When in edit mode and I tap on the "<" in the top bar it brings me back to the list, but doesn't open any more dives when I select one in the list. only way to get back is to swipe to the left, cancel edit mode and then go back. I think the "<" button on the top should cancel editing, then this would be fixed.

OK, I think I have an idea what might be causing this. The '<' button most likely just pops the stack but doesn't deliver the signal I usually get from the back button so we don't end edit mode correctly. I'll look into that.

> Another observation: After editing the Location of a dive that had GPS coordinates, those are gone after saving. And it looks like they are gone permanently, as the stay away after syncing and are also missing in the desktop version after getting data from the cloud.

Well, you can always go back in git history and get those back, but that's clearly another bug. I'll look into that one as well.

Thanks for the careful test and detailed feedback!