TestFlight feedback for Subsurface-mobile.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Apr 7 14:34:39 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 10:01:14PM +0100, Jaspal Sahota wrote:
> More look and feel stuff:
> I like the new font colours - easier to read.
> Don't necessarily want this to look like divelog but maybe when looking at ui you could play with making some elements in the list view bold eg dive number (I think the location is darker already)?

It's a very fine balance between simplicity and helping the eye to find stuff. I'm not a designer, I'd need help from a designer :-)

> Second point: this depends on how you have your dive sites named but if like me you use country town / site then at best you get to see a few letters of the site name. Maybe some options in settings on how the site name is shown? Trim from front vs back - I realise these kinds of things can be trickier than they sound but worth looking at i think.

Yeah, that's a REALLY hard one, because everyone has their own preference for how they set up their dive site names. Some start with the name, then the city and country. Some do it the other way around. I have no idea how to make this work for everyone.

btw: I do neither - the city / country is the name of the trip and the site names are just that, site names... works MUCH better, IMHO, and is far less repetitive, too.