Divecomputer-reading from Mobile devices (Was: Divemate Fusion)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Sat Apr 9 04:55:54 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-08 18:19, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today, I had a lunch meeting with Lars and Martin the authors of the
> Divemate dive log for Android and iOS and and Divemate fusion USB
> connectors. We had a chat about their products and subsurface and
> exchanged some ideas. In particular the Fusion (which exists in two
> versions, one infrared and one USB, see http://www.divemate.de) allows
> to read out dive computers from smartphones (including iPhones).

I have been thinking about doing something similar, and as ny kind of
Bluetooth device can works and bluetooth can just do serial comms, it
would be relatively easy.

One could take a Arduino with a USB and Bluetooth port and it would not
be too hard to let them talk together.

That way that device would just be a middle man in case a device does
not do Bluetooth. But, as it is standard serial over Bluetooth, it would
also become very very easy to support many devices on either side
(Android, iPhone one one, and heck even a normal computer with bluetooth
and no USB).

Greets,
 Jeroen